City of Cherokee - Golf Cart / UTV
Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Cherokee

How Do I...


Ajax Loading Image


Golf Cart / UTV

On 9/26/19 the Cherokee City Council voted to change our golf cart ordinance.  Some of the major changes include the following:

•    Ordinance now allows Golf Carts and UTV’s
•    Must be 16 years old a have a valid driver’s license to operate
•    Golf Carts/UTV’s must be equipped with a rearview mirror, headlights, taillights, and break lights
•    Golf Cart/UTV’s must have liability insurance of no less than $10,000.00
•    Golf Cart/UTV’s must have annual registration sticker displayed on rear bumper

To purchase a permit for your Golf Cart/UTV:
1.    Bring proof of insurance to City Hall along with $40.00 permit fee
2.    Take copy of permit to an on-duty police officer for Golf Cart/UTV inspection
3.    After passing inspection, annual registration sticker will be issued

Please do not delay in obtaining your annual permit.  All permits are from January 1 – December 31.  Permits for the next calendar year will be sold beginning in October.  

If you have any questions regarding this process, please call or stop by City Hall.  If you would like a complete copy of the Golf Cart/UTV Ordinance, please refer to the City Government section of this website.